DIA has set ten corporate responsibility goals for 2014 which address the company’s environmental and social dimensions.
ENVIRONMENTAL DIMENSION TARGETS
- Training on and broadcasting and implementation of DIA’s environmental management policy groupwide
- Completion in 2014 of the environmental assessment of the Spanish warehouses (excluding the Schlecker facilities) and definition and initial rollout of the procedure for assessing the stores’ footprint
- Multi-year plan for developing, implementing and continually improving the procedures that comprise the DIA Group’s environmental management system
Rollout of a system for the use of more fuel-efficient engines (hybrid and gas) in the truck fleet in order to help cut greenhouse gas emissions
- Reduction in total group energy usage of at least 1.5%
SOCIAL DIMENSION TARGETS
Deployment of a groupwide talent management system for key management personnel.
- Review and design of a new internal communication plan for Spain
- Finalisation of execution of the anti-fraud plan in Spain
- Initiation of execution of the anti-fraud plan in Portugal
- Growth of at least 25% in the food donated to good banks (measured in kilos)